The Planning and Zoning Commission typically meets on the fourth Thursday of the month at 6:30 PM.
Agenda requests and applications can be emailed to email@example.com
Planning and Zoning Agenda Request Form
Purpose: To advise and make recommendations to the City Council on matters relating to City planning and development.
The Planning and Zoning Commission is hereby charged with the duty and invested with the authority to:
• Formulate and recommend to the City Council for its adoption a city plan for the orderly growth and development of the city and its environs and from time to time recommend such changes in the plan as it finds will facilitate the movement of people and good, and the health, recreation, safety, and general welfare of the citizens of the city.
• Formulate a zoning plan as may be deemed best to carry out the goals of the city plan; hold public hearings and make recommendations to the City Council relating to the creation, amendment, and implementation of zoning regulation and districts as authorized under state law.
• Exercise all powers of a commission as to approval or disapproval of plants, zoning request, plats, or replats as authorized under state law.
• Study and recommend the location, extension, and planning of public rights-of-way, parks, or other public places, and on the vacating or closing of same.
• Study and make recommendations regarding the general design and location of public buildings, bridges, viaducts, street fixtures, and other structures and appurtenances.
• Initiate, in the name of the city, proposals for the opening, vacating, or closing of public rights-of-way, parks, or other public places and for the change of zoning district boundaries on the area-wide basis.
• Formulate and recommend to the City Council, for its adoption, policies and regulations consistent with the adopted city plan governing the location and/or operation of utilities, public facilities, and services owned or under the control of the city.
• Make regular reports to the City Council.
• Hold public meeting and hearing as necessary in compliance with the Texas Open Meetings Act.
City of Leonard | 111 W Collin St | Leonard, TX 75452
Emergency contact (903) 819-5849
Office Hours: 8:00 AM-4:30 PM
Closed: 12:00 PM-1:00 PM
Closed Saturday and Sunday
Copyright © City of Leonard, Texas 2016. All rights reserved.
powered by ezTaskTitanium TM